In five years’ time social care and health services will be fully integrated in the delivery of community based services care. The development and implementation of integrated health and care structures which will be contributing to a better patient experience/ improvement in outcomes but at a significant lower cost.
The Better Care Fund (BCF) will be used to transform the health and social care system in Telford and Wrekin, promoting greater independence for patients and service users and improving on current areas of integrated care.
The aims are:
- Delivering the best possible health and social care outcomes for individuals in a personalised way.
- Promote and encourage self-help and self-care wherever and for as long as possible
- Enabling those at increased risk of hospital, nursing or residential care admission to have easy access to systems in place, to get appropriate help at an early stage.
- Ensuring financial efficiency and reducing duplication.
For further information see:
- pdf TELFORD AND WREKIN BCF SUBMISSION 19 9 14 v10 19 9 14 FINAL for HWB Board and website (1) (1.10 MB)
- document Kings Fund Video Link (11 KB)
- document Mrs Andrews You Tube Link (13 KB)
- document BCF pilot evaluation report (414 KB)
- document BCF Patient Stories Jan 2015 (13 KB)