The ever-changing landscape of the NHS means that communication and engagement is now even more critical to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of, and understand how the CCG commissions clinically led and patient centred services. This strategy is underpinned by a core commitment that communication and public engagement are fundamental to our performance and ability to deliver excellent health services. The Strategy is designed to:
- Inform the reader of the principles that will govern how the CCG communicates internally and externally
- Identify the objectives that the CCG aims to deliver during 2016-19; and
- Act as the reference for commissioning managers with regard to communication and engagement with our population and stakeholders, importantly patients and carers.
The principles in the Strategy outlines that the CCG will follow in involving the public are:
- Be open, honest, timely and transparent when we communicate and engage with all our stakeholders
- Ensure communication and engagement is meaningful, targeted and integral to our business planning and commissioning decision making process.
- Embrace the ethos of: “No decision about me, without me”
- Be accountable, act on feedback received and communicate the outcomes of engagement work
- Ensure communication and engagement is everyone’s responsibility within the CCG
- Our Communications will be open and accountable, ensuring that feedback and two-way communication processes underpin the work we do.
Our current Communication and Engagement Strategy covers the period 2016-2019 and is currently being reviewed for the first quarter of 2019/20.