Patient Participation Groups
Each of the GP practices within Telford & Wrekin CCG either already has a patient group or is committed to developing one.
Patient Groups are a way for anyone registered with the practice to get involved with how it is run and delivers services. No two operate in exactly the same way, but the members generally work with practice staff, including the doctors, to give feedback from patients about the services offered. They can produce newsletters, carry out patient surveys and organise events.
The CCGs value Patient Groups as vital contacts for obtaining patient feedback.
If you want to become involved in a Patient Group at the GP practice where you are registered, contact the practice directly.
Telford Patients First Group
Membership is open to individual patients and representatives drawn from the GP Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) within Telford & Wrekin.
The aims of the group are: -
- to proactively gather residents' and patients' feedback/opinions/views to deliver the best possible health and wellbeing outcomes for all the residents of Telford & Wrekin based upon best possible and available evidence.
- to challenge the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) Commissioners. local authority and other health support agencies.
- to encourage and promote healthier lifestyles that will help to increase life expectancy and reduce health inequalities across Telford & Wrekin.
- to support and promote the health needs of vulnerable people across Telford & Wrekin.
- to liaise with the PPGs and other patient groups represented in the membership group.
The group meet on the first Wednesday of each month (venue and times may vary so please call to confirm arrangements). For more information please contact members Lynn on 07954 077199 or Patrick on 07770 353685.
Healthwatch Telford & Wrekin
Healthwatch is the independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the views of the public in relation to health and social care. They listen to the local community, hearing about their experiences across Telford & Wrekin and use this feedback to help improve services for everybody.
For more information contact 01952 739540
Or call in to their offices at Meeting Point House, South Water Square, Telford TF3 4HS
With more than 500,000 people using the services provided by the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) it is really important that they hear your views. The People’s Academy has been developed for those people who want to know more about the NHS and how it works in this area.
The Academy induction is 4 sessions, run over 4 weeks and includes presentations, behind the scenes visits, demonstrations, activities and opportunities to ask questions of senior Trust staff.
Enrolment in the Academy is completely free, and you will be given information about how to continue your involvement with the Trust if you choose to.
To find out more, contact SaTH on 01743 492390