Local people are being encouraged to find out more about the Future Fit consultation at a public exhibition event in Market Drayton this week.
The drop-in event will run from 3.30pm to 7.30pm and is open to everyone. NHS doctors, nurses and other healthcare staff will be on hand to answer questions to give everyone the chance to find out more about the proposed changes to services at The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and The Princess Royal Hospital.
The event will be held on Thursday 2nd August at The Festival Drayton Centre, Frogmore Road, Market Drayton TF9 3AX.
It is the seventh of ten large scale public exhibition events for the consultation, which launched on 30 May and runs for 15 weeks until midnight on the 11 September.
These events have been organised as an opportunity for people to meet doctors, nurses and other health professionals, ask questions, find out more about the proposals and complete a survey. Everyone is welcome to drop in any time from 3.30pm to 7.30pm on the following dates and locations:
2 August - The Festival Drayton Centre, Frogmore Rd, Market Drayton TF9 3AX
9 August - Cosy Hall, Water Lane, Newport, Shropshire TF10 7LD
15 August - Cabin Lane Church, Cabin Lane, Oswestry SY11 2LQ
Details of these events can be found on the Future Fit consultation website at www.nhsfuturefit.org
There are many ways to get involved in the consultation. These include:
• Attend a public event or meeting in public – visit www.nhsfuturefit.org for the venues, dates and times
• Pick up consultation documents and surveys at one of more than 70 pop-up events or read them online at www.nhsfuturefit.org
• Fill out our survey online on our website www.nhsfuturefit.org
• Complete the survey, which is available in the consultation documents and post it free of charge to FREEPOST NHS FF CONSULTATION
• Write to us at: FREEPOST NHS FF CONSULTATION
• Request materials by calling 0300 3000 903 (24-hour answer machine)
• Follow us on social media
o Twitter: @NHSFutureFit
o Facebook: facebook.com/nhsff
Notes for Editors:
NHS Shropshire and NHS Telford & Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) are asking for the views of people across Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid Wales on the following two options:
The consultation period has been extended by one week, now closing at midnight on Tuesday 11th September.