An exciting new initiative aimed at offering residents confidential advice, support and information on health and social care related issues and services has been launched this month.
Chatty PALS, which is being run by Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and Telford and Wrekin Council, offers a regular monthly drop in at local community centres and coffee shops across Telford and Wrekin.
Sharon Smith, Patient Engagement Lead for Telford and Wrekin CCG, said: “We’re really excited to be out and about meeting people and having the opportunity to chat with them in a friendly and relaxing environment. Anyone is invited to come along and share their experiences of health and social care services, raise any concerns and ask questions.
“We will be there with our colleagues from Live Well Telford to offer advice and support and signpost to a range of local services available including community groups and activities.”
Live Well Telford provides information and signposting to a wide range of services, activities and organisations in the area, to help everyone find the support they need to live healthy independent lives.
Cllr Andy Burford, Cabinet member for health and social care, said: “We are very lucky in Telford to have a huge range of support available to help improve the quality of life for local people.”
“Through Live Well Telford we are bringing all this information in one place for people to easily choose services and activities that suit their needs and helps them to live well.”
The Chatty PALS drop-in sessions will be taking place at the following locations and times:
- Brookside Central Café, Brookside, Telford, TF3 1NE
- 10am – 11.30am – on the second Tuesday of the month
- Costa Coffee, Unit 10 Southwater Square, Southwater Way, Telford TF3 4JG
- 10am – 11.30am – on the first Wednesday of the month
- Hub on the Hill, Southgate, Sutton Hill Telford, TF7 4HG
- 10am – 11.30am – on the last Wednesday of the month.
- The Leegate Centre, Leegate Avenue, Telford, TF1 6NA
- 10.30am – 12pm – on the last Tuesday of the month
There is no need to book your place, simply show up and a member of the team will be ready to assist you.
Click here for a full list of dates.