NHS Prescription Ordering Department (POD) service is the easy way for you to order your repeat prescription!
Currently, there are 10 GP practices in Telford and Wrekin that are signed up to the POD service, giving the opportunity for these practice's patients to call a dedicated
number to speak to an experienced call handler when needing to reorder a repeat prescription.
If you are part of one of the 10 practices below, you can call the NHS Prescription Ordering Department (POD) on this number - 01952 580350:
- Charlton Medical Practice
- Dawley Medical Practice
- Donnington Medical Practice
- Hollinswood & Priorslee Medical Practice
- Ironbridge Medical Practice
- Linden Hall Surgery
- Shawbirch Medical Practice
- Stirchley Medical Practice (inc Sutton Hill site)
- TELDOC (Trinity Healthcare, Oakengates & Lawley Medical Practices)
- Wellington Medical Practice
Further surgeries will offer this service in due course so keep checking here for updates.
Patients are advised to:
- Please check your medication cupboard before ordering
- Order their prescription when they have 7 days of medication left
- If you have a build up of medication please let us know so that we can adjust the quantities so that everything falls in line
- Please do not order 'just in case'. If you need the medication in future then you will still be able to request it.
- Let us know if you have stopped taking any of your medicines
Please click here to view the POD leaflet for more details about the service. (Please note that our opening hours have been extended since publication of the leaflet).
Telephone lines are open between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
(Monday is traditionally the busiest day for the service so please be patient or consider calling on an alternative day).
POD Call Back Request
If the call back request is received before 4pm you will receive a telephone call the same day. If it's received after 4pm you will be contacted the following working day, a call back requested on a Friday after 4pm will not be handled until the following Monday (excluding Bank Holidays).
When requesting a call back you will need to provide the following information:
your full name
the GP practice where you are registered
the number you wish to be called back on
your preferred time of call back (if applicable)
Please do not use this email service outside POD operating hours