NHS Prescription Ordering Department (POD) service is the easy way for you to order your repeat prescription!
Currently, there are 10 GP practices in Telford and Wrekin that are signed up to the POD service, giving the opportunity for these practice's patients to call a dedicated
number to speak to an experienced call handler when needing to reorder a repeat prescription.
If you are part of one of the 10 practices below, you can call the NHS Prescription Ordering Department (POD) on this number - 01952 580350
- Charlton Medical Practice
- Court Street Medical Practice
- Dawley Medical Practice
- Donnington Medical Practice
- Hollinswood & Priorslee Medical Practice
- Ironbridge Medical Practice
- Linden Hall Surgery
- Shawbirch Medical Practice
- Stirchley Medical Practice (inc Sutton Hill site)
- TELDOC (Trinity Healthcare, Oakengates & Lawley Medical Practices)
- Wellington Medical Practice
Further surgeries will offer this service in due course so keep checking here for updates.
Patients are advised to:
- Please check your medication cupboard before ordering
- Order their prescription when they have 7 days of medication left
- If you have a build up of medication please let us know so that we can adjust the quantities so that everything falls in line
- Please do not order 'just in case'. If you need the medication in future then you will still be able to request it.
- Let us know if you have stopped taking any of your medicines
Please click here to view the POD leaflet for more details about the service. (Please note that our opening hours have been extended since publication of the leaflet).
Telephone lines are open between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
(Monday is traditionally the busiest day for the service so please be patient or consider calling on an alternative day).
POD prescription request during Coronavirus COVID-19
Only to be used during periods of high call volume and within POD operating hours (i.e. 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays)
Please note that if you have more than 7 days of medication remaining your request will not be processed.
Please note that you will not recieve a reply to your email, however if there is a query with your request you will be contacted on the telephone number that you have provided.
When placing an order you will need to provide the following information:
- The GP practice where you are registered
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- First line of your address
- Full list of medication requirements
- Nominated pharmacy
- Preferred contact number for any queries relating to your request
Please allow your pharmacy 4 working days to prepare your medication before collecting.
Please do not use this email service outside POD operating hours as it will not be monitored.